Saturday, November 17, 2012

Cookaholic Wife: Recipe Swap: Crock Pot Sloppy Joes

Of all of the events where I've cooked for people, a Game Day event has never been one. This is probably because I married a PA boy who likes the Steelers and we live in Ravens country, but still. That being said, I wasn't sure if I was going to participate in this swap since the category was Game Day, but the more I thought about it, I realized we typically eat "game day" type foods on the nights I don't feel like cooking so I might as well get another recipe for those days.

As I've mentioned before, I'm not the biggest fan of sloppy joes but since I'd never had them in the crock pot, I was definitely intrigued to try out this recipe. It's not your typical crock pot recipe that takes hours and hours either, you could easily whip this up in the morning for an afternoon game since it only takes 2 hours in the crock pot.

Crock Pot Sloppy Joes
Source: Sparks from the Kitchen
Servings: 8-10 people
Printer Friendly

Ingredients:

    • 2 lbs. very lean ground beef
    • 1/2 large green pepper, chopped
    • 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
    • 1 1/2 cups ketchup
    • 8 oz. tomato sauce
    • 3 tbsp. brown sugar
    • 3 tsp. mustard
    • 1 tsp. garlic powder
    • 1/2 tsp. salt
    • 1/2 tsp. pepper
Directions:
1. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add the ground beef, green pepper and onion. Cook, stirring frequently until beef is browned. Drain any fat.
2. Add the mixture to the crock pot, then add the remaining ingredients. Stir well to combine.
3. Cook on low for 2 hours. Serve on toasted buns.

Irony. We live it. I really, really?liked this version of a sloppy joe. I topped mine with a few thin slices of pepperjack cheese and found it to be amazing. I can only assume its because of the mustard since I've never had a sloppy joe recipe call for mustard before. Now for the ironic part, Tom thought these were just okay.

Seriously? I rarely ever make sloppy joes because I usually can barely choke down a whole sandwich and now that I found a recipe where I could easily eat two, he's not super impressed? ::Sigh::

And thanks again to Sarah for organizing all these swaps! :)

Source: http://www.cookaholicwife.com/2012/11/recipe-swap-crock-pot-sloppy-joes.html

rashard lewis curacao curacao home run derby kourtney kardashian kourtney kardashian DNS Changer

1 comment:

  1. You copied my blog word for word. Please delete this. It doesn't matter if you link back to my blog or not, this is copyrighted.

    ReplyDelete